Sunday, March 15, 2015

Rainbow Dash

      On our way out of town to go to St. George for a weekend with Jamie's family, we stopped at the fabric store to buy Christmas socks for the kids.  I thought a new quilt magazine would be a good thing to have to read during the trip...of course, I found a new quilt that I just had to make.
      I chose this quilt because I already had a stock of batiks to use.  I got them all laid out after washing, ironing and starching each one as instructed to in the pattern.  I was really excited to get started on this colorful quilt.

      These are a few of the dresden plates that I made.  They were easy and went quickly.  I appliquéd each on a black background.  The next step was the border.  That wasn't necessarily hard, just very time consuming and I had to really be careful that the colors would flow together.
      By the time I was deeply into getting this quilt top done, my sister, Donna, asked that I would ship it up to her to display at a quilt show in Idaho Falls.  That gave me an incentive to get it done.

     I really had a tough time deciding how to quilt it but was so happy with the decision to do an all over meander.  I was thrilled with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment