Sunday, March 15, 2015

Grandma Charlotte Mayer-A beautiful quilter

     This is my paternal grandmother, Charlotte Louisa Monk Mayer (1897-1987).  I post this picture of her to share with you as she is my quilting inspiration.  My grandma was quite the quilter.  Her little stitches were so beautiful.  She would quilt beautiful quilts on what we call "cheater" fabric because the design was printed on the fabric and Grandma would quilt around the print.  I have a large quilt that she quilted like that.  I wish she could see the beautiful quilts that we make today using all the wonderful modern tools available.  I hope she would be proud of her granddaughters and now great granddaughters.  Even her great great granddaughters are being taught about this special craft.
     I have a large print of this picture in my sewing room paying honor to my grandma.  Thank you for all you did for me.  Always teaching by precept and example.

No comments:

Post a Comment