Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday, June 5, 2014 "Grandmother's Flower Garden"


I took today off from sewing in my sewing room and went on an adventure.  I drove up to Loveland to a little antique shop that Jim and I had shopped at when we were there in May.  I feel very fortunate that I came across this fabulous "Grandmother's Flower Garden" quilt!  What a wonderful find.  It is all hand pieced and hand quilted and in beautiful condition.

The shop owner said that it had just been brought in yesterday.  The wonderful man had recently lost his wife and they had no children to pass this beautiful quilt down to.  He knew how much work his wife had put into this quilt and didn't want to just give it away.

I told the shop owner to be sure to tell him that the quilt was purchased by someone who  could really appreciate all the beautiful work that went into this quilt and that I would love and care for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment